By Dr. George Grant, Natural Medicine Specialist & Monique MacKinnon, Creativity Expert
November, with its cold, dark and dreary days, can be for many of us a sobering month. Good news does however lie on the horizon. We’ll be gaining an extra hour of sleep this Saturday. Plus, although it’s tempting to drink more caffeinated beverages (coffee, colas, hot chocolate) and eat more food with chocolate, if and when you do, you’re doing yourself a disservice. You’re bringing your energy levels to a new low. Caffeine in coffee and sodas is a diuretic, which will make you lose valuable minerals that are the spark plugs for health. Excess caffeine can cause insulin resistance as well as leptin resistance, the satiety hormone in your brail. For details, see www.academyofwellness.com under About us/Gain at weight loss. Yes, Halloween’s over. So do yourself a favor and leave your guilt behind if you treated yourself to some treats (*smile*)! For more tips, please keep reading…
Top 10 tips to increase your energetic vibration
1. Every 3 to 6 months, shake up your fitness routine by changing at least one exercise that you perform weekly. And remember, it takes only 30 consecutive days to create a habit, such as adding a new physical activity to your routine. Boredom with sameness and plateaus in your fitness and fat levels can result just a few months later.
2. Instead of relying on my drama on TV and/or in your real life, discover and connect with what nourishes you spiritually and emotionally. Perhaps it’s being more creative? Cultivating deeper and more regular connections with your loved ones? Changing the way you do business by initiating more conversations with people you respect? Giving yourself more “down time” instead of going, going, going until you drop or get sick.
3. Embrace the sobering process. It can be your best friend if you allow it to be. That is, behind the sobering lies the opportunity to further find yourself, including what makes you feel consistently happy and healthy in life.
4. Do a minimum of 100 deep belly breaths per day. This will both relax and energize you. Incorporate this as part of your daily meditation. Or add a Post-It Note on your computer that says “breathe!”
5. Get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per night. Should your body be asking for more this time of year, then build that extra snoozing time into your daily routine.
6. Have more alkaline instead of more acidic foods. (For more info, refer to the Alkalizing Foods table here: www.drgrantwellness.com/faq) After all, according to Dr. George Grant, “achieving alkaline pH of 7.3 is the best way to reverse and prevent diseases”.
7. Detoxify your liver: Add lemon to your drinking water daily. Also use one tablespoon of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice and a dash of cayenne pepper on your salads daily.1
8. Switch from low-quality to high-quality natural supplements. Most store-bought supplements (e.g. Centrum) have an absorption rate of only 5 percent. For more info about high-absorption supplements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Drinking at least half your body weight in ounces of alkaline water will energize you and will help you achieve full hydration: the first step in your wellness journey. To be called alkaline water, it must have a pH of 7.4 or higher.
10. Plan a winter trip south, or where there’s more direct sunshine. Nothing beats this natural source of Vitamin D! Plus, the anticipation of a fun trip south will boost your levels of happiness.
To reserve your spot for the November 17th at 7 pm EST/4 pm PST teleseminar: “E-Z natural ways to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder” teleseminar featuring Dr. George Grant, Ph.D. Specialist in Integrative Medicine, Nutrition, Biofeedback, Pain and Stress and Scott Robbins, Award Winning Broadcast Journalist, Producer and Host, Seminars Co-ordinator, Speaker and Coach. To pre-register (required), please email email@example.com and put “S.A.D. teleseminar” in the subject line. (Cost: FREE)
International speaker, co-author, writer
Ottawa, ON, Canada
613 234 0305
|<< <||Current||> >>|